Thursday, April 1, 2010

I made it!

I have no pictures up loaded yet but I will soon.
I arrived yesterday and made great friends on the plane and trams. When I arrived in Portugal I was lucky enough to meet Marty. He took me under his wing and made sure that I had no problems checking anything or getting any where. Then when I arrived in Terceira, Marty left and I waited for my cousins. No one was there and I got a bit scared so I did what any 25 year old grown woman should do. I called my mom.

My cousins thought I my flight was the following day. And they are so cute cause they were going to pack up in several cars and Welcome me (Santiago style) with smiles, hugs, kisses and food. But because I surprised them we are celebrating my arrival today!

While my mother called my cousins, Joe and Leo friends I met on the Tram insisted they stay with me until they were confident that I was going to be picked up or knew where I was taking my cab. They were very sweet and hope to bump in to them and Marty again.

I'm staying with my cousins Antonio, Belia and Ricardo and they are the Best! I am lucky that we are family and I get to be with them.

I love it here. I have walked around and have been eating enough for 2 and am happier than ever.

Pictures are coming soon

Soon to be fat
-Natalia

1 comment:

  1. So glad you arrived safely!!!! Have you seen alot of painted tiles since you have been there?? Somebody once told me that there use to be a lot of painted tiles in Portugal, on the buildings and such, but there was a massive earthquake that shattered all of them. Now they are very rare because the craft is scarcely done. I could be waaayyy off with that and I'm sure it is different on the islands there but it could lead to some interesting information about the history there. Hit me back if you have any observations. Miss you

    ReplyDelete