Tuesday, June 15, 2010

This one is for Toni

I have not been keeping up with my blog, cause I have broken cameras. I have so many pictures but no way of posting them. I apologize for my insanely lacking attempt at blogging. But I am posting this blog for Toni. She reminded me that my blog needed some attention.

So. I am blogging about the Portuguese Man o War. Its a Jelly fish like creature that I see everywhere, luckily I have been fortunate enough to avoid these creatures because their sting can be fatal. This Jelly Fish is actually comprised of 4 different organims so technically its not a jelly fish. Right now it is jelly fish season, therefore the man o war isn't the only thing that can sting you in these waters. The people here are so used to them, they will even pick them up and throw them out of the water so they can continue swimming! I avoid the water because of the jelly fish and my fear of the Man O War. I'm telling you, these people are a whole different kind of bad ass! Below is a picture of a Portuguese Man O War from google and a little link to give you more information.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you---you are adorable and clearly having a lot of fun. Keep the fotos and the stories coming--the cross cultural, family stories are my favorite, along with the travelogue, of course. Be safe.
    Big Hug, Toni

    ReplyDelete