Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Paris France

Paris grew on me.
The first day in Paris I went mostly shopping and didn't find it that different from SF except for I couldn't undertand everyone, but it was so great to be with Michelle and finally meat Meredith.

My flight to Paris was such a bad experience that I was blamming the city for it. Let me elaborate:
The powers of the airline organization systems wanted me to stay in the Azores. First, my most amazing man left work and took me to the airport. I got there with my confirmation number and passport, I do not have a printer so I thought if I just wrote the information down it would be enough, well that is true if you have you're e-booking number which I did not. So I was on hold with the airline, 20 mins until my flight and I knew I would still be on hold, so I hung up and called my boyfriend. He halled ass back to work went online ang got me what I needed. Thank you baby. Mean while they were leaving check in open just for me. I love the Portuguese.
So, I left the Azores and had a 3 hour layover in Lisboa, that entire layover was spent with a different airline ticket office because they could not find my reservation. Ay Jesus. But I made it in time. Then I get to Barcelona, and have a little over an hour to get my bag and check in with yet another airline. So I get my bag with a broken wheel, rush to the depatures terminal, can't find the airline, ask for help, it's in a different terminal all together, shit. I have to find the green bus to take me to terminal 2. I find the green bus, and sit and wait till they decide they have enough people to depart to the other terminal. Why they didn't read my mind and just go when I got there I will never know.

Finally terminal 2. I walk in, can't find my airline, well that it is because it is in section C of the terminal 5 min walk. Well that turned into a 2 min semi jog in the hot humid sun. I got to the right checkin and it was packed. I asked people if I could cut infront of them to get closer to the ticket person and they were kind to oblige, but I still had a school of kids in front of me. Scared, that they may have closed my flight checkin, I asked one of the workers. He said no they did not close it, because my flight was cancelled. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! He rudely directed me to where I needed to go to figure out my options. After waiting 5 hours in the line (not an exaggeration), I was told I could wait a couple days for another flight to Paris or I could fly to Leon the next night, which is not close to Paris at all. Grrrrrrrrr

What did I do..... I called Dawnielle. Yes she is my little sister but I needed her to be my big sister at that moment, tell me everything is okay, I was tired, frusterated, irritated, wanted to cry, and wanted to be back in the Azores with my man and dog. Thank you Dawnielle, for helping me hold back my tears and getting me a flight for the next day. You are a life saver. The airline in the mean time put me up in a hotel and then next morning I left beautiful Barcelona, with every intention of coming back to spend time and explore the amazing city. I didn't see much, the parts of Barcelona I did see were gorgeous and the people so sweet.

I get to Paris! Have my bag, and I see my wifey Michelle with a purple sign with my name on it and pastry in hand, she new I would be hungery. I love you Michelle!

The apartment we rented is in the Latin Quarter, next to the Pantheon, and it's beautiful and powerful at the same time. We went to a cute outside cafe had wine and mussels in this amazing garlic wine sauce.

Paris is great, but my first day and night I did not find it special execpt for the architechture and edifices, which I had not really seen yet. Then we went out. I was sleep deprived and grumpy with a grudge against Paris because I did not think She wanted me there. But I got to see Bean and dance with my girls. Even though I was wearing Merediths super high heels and almost fell twice.

So my first encounter with Parisen men. On our somewhat of a lengthy walk back to the apartment we encountered a Parisen man who just walks up to us starts grabbing our arms and pulling me and trying to get the rest of us in his direction. I don't speak french but in France NO is a recognized word. Michelle was a bit intoxicated so I had her on one arm and Mere had her on the other. Mere was trying to tell him no and keep walking and I was trying to get him off of me and keep walking. Well eventually I pushed him off, broke free and was on my way. He came back more agressive than before, this time I slapped him, he let go and we were off but not before he got a kick in and kicked me in the leg! I know! Asshole. Luckily it wasn't to bad, just a scrape, but at this point. I hated Paris.

A couple days later, more site seeing, walking all over the city, the pleanty of eating, the little neighborhoods, the great company and some very nice and sweet Parisens, my ill view of the city has changed. I am definitely a fan of Paris, but a week is enough for me.

I went to see the Notre Dame and the achitecture is so amazing, I wanted to spend hours and study every detail on the outside of the church. And then when finished with that start on the inside. I fell in love! I want my very own. Last night, we picknicked in the Park under the Eiffel Tower. We mad goat cheese grilled cheese sandwiches with honey, we made garlic hummus, salad, of course we brought brie and salami and where would we be without two bottles of wine (we should of had three). We met lovely people who came and joined us and we watched the tower sparkle past 1am. Just beautiful. Once you let go of the things that piss you off about Paris and embrace its romanticism, Paris becomes a lovely city.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear things have improved so much. Miss you as always, call me. BFFK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paris had a lot to make up for after that terrible commute, but Paris loves to make up. So happy to hear you are in love with a good guy. I assume he is a European? I think he was suppose to be with you in the city of love and light---next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats a pretty bad start to your paris adventure. idk if i had told you mine but mine was as bad, if not worse than your LOL
    i think its crazy that both of us have had a ridiculous turn of events in paris! oooh taurus... how do we get ourselves into these messes =]

    miss u

    ReplyDelete